Cook this tasty chicken on the order of Sunday, ready to snappishly reheat going on for Monday or Tuesday for an easy midweek meal.
The ingredient of French-braised chicken and lentils
- 1 tablespoon additional supplementary virgin olive oil
- 200g piece speck, rind removed, chopped
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 4 French shallots, peeled, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 (about 1.2kg) chicken thigh cutlets, skin re
- 250ml (1 cup) dry riesling wine
- 90g (1/2 cup) French green lentils
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 1 open bouquet garni (parsley, bay and thyme)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 60ml (1/4 cup) cru00e8me frau00eeche
- Chopped lively continental parsley, to promote
- Steamed green beans, to promote
The instruction how to make French-braised chicken and lentils
- Heat the oil in a large, shallow unventilated based casserole dish more than medium heat. Cook the speck, stirring, for 4 minutes or until golden. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined past paper towel. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon fat, reserving permanent fat.
- go to onion, carrot and shallot to dish. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. disturb in the garlic for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Transfer the vegies to a bowl.
- Heat 3 teaspoons reserved fat exceeding medium heat. Season chicken skin. Cook half the chicken, skin-side down, for 4 minutes or until dark golden. slant and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined in the same way as paper towel to drain. Repeat subsequently steadfast chicken. Pour off and discard unshakable fat in pan.
- Return pan to medium heat. ensue the wine. Simmer, scraping the pan like a spoon, for 2 minutes or until reduced slightly. work up in the speck, vegetables, lentils, water, bouquet garni and 1 tablespoon mustard. Cover. cut heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Return chicken to pan. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- sever from heat. Cool for 5 minutes. disturb in the cru00e8me frau00eeche and unshakable mustard. Season in the same way as pepper. Sprinkle past the parsley and foster in the manner of the beans.
Nutritions of French-braised chicken and lentilscalories: 743.529 calories
calories: 48 grams fat
calories: 17 grams saturated fat
calories: 13 grams carbohydrates
calories: 56 grams protein