objective this hearty chicken pie the collective family will enjoy! Created by Michael Weldon, MasterChef Australia Series 3 contestant.
The ingredient of Chicken pie
- 1kg Coles RSPCA granted Chicken Thighs, cut in thirds
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, scratchily chopped
- 1 celery stick, scratchily chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 80g butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion, further
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot, additional supplementary
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery, additional supplementary
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 Continental Chicken accrual Pot
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 5 thyme sprigs, additional supplementary
- 1 sheet frozen butter broadcast pastry
- 1 egg
- dirty salad leaves, to support
The instruction how to make Chicken pie
- enhance the chicken, scratchily chopped onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme and a large pinch of salt in a saucepan. Cover taking into consideration water and simmer greater than medium heat for 10-15 mins until chicken is cooked. Transfer the chicken to a plate and use a fork to harshly roughly shred. Discard cooking liquid.
- Preheat oven to 180C. enhance the butter, finely chopped onion, carrot and celery in a saucepan beyond medium heat. Cook until the vegetables begin to soften. amass the flour and season afterward salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the flour soaks up the butter. Gradually pour in the cream and milk and advocate until smooth. amass the deposit pot and 1 1/4 cup water and work up to combine. Season gone salt and pepper. Remove from heat and mix up in the shredded chicken, lemon zest, peas and other thyme.
- Transfer the mix to a 1 1/2 L power pie dish. Cover the mix later than pastry and press the edge to enclose the filling. Use a knife to cut a few slits into the pastry. demonstrate the egg in a small bowl in imitation of a little water. Brush the egg blend on top of higher than the pastry. Bake for 30 mins or until top is golden. abet with poisoned salad leaves.
Nutritions of Chicken piecalories: